Sunday, July 12, 2009

Easter Eggs

Started Apr 5/09 Finished Apr 11/09





This project was an introduction to DPNs. I would have rather used larger size DPNs but size 2 was all I had. I’m finding that the yarn slides off the metal DPN. I have bought wood DPN for my future sock projects.

It was a great introduction to DPN and a more complex pattern then a scarf. My suggestion to those new to DPN to try this project with larger needles. I had lots of issues at the start with the stitches twisting & falling off.
I eventually made a couple with size 6 needles. It ended up only taking me about an hour to do one! I bought a bag of stuff to stuff them but yarn scraps work too.
Needles: Size 2 & 6
Yarn: Peaches & Creme in pink lilacs (worsted), pink in fingering, Caron Simply Soft in Baby Blush (worsted), Fiberphile's Mosaic Merino/Nylon Sock in Amazonia.

No comments:

Post a Comment