Sunday, February 20, 2011

Gordian Knots & Stripey Yarns!

I do need to update some of the project pictures. I haven't been knitting for about a week since I have been spending my time untangling yarn. Yes, I like to untangle yarn. Weird I know! What I love is Sanguine Gryphon will sell tangled yarn rather then spend time untangling it. Trust me these yarns can take any where from a couple of hours to 3 days to untangle! These Gordian Knots sell for about $10/skein where if they weren't tangle they would go for $25-28/skein. I got 2 Gordian Knots last time they were available. They aren't available all the time (last time was in Oct 2010). Here are a couple of pictures of them:

The yarn on the far left was to show that its a match to the tangled one next to it. By the way, most of the time the yarn isn't tagged with its name so you have to guess at what the name of the color is.


I've also been obessed with self stripping yarn. I got some from a new shop Culture Pop on Etsy. I can't wait to see how they knit up and they are 80% Merino, 10% Nylon, 10% Cashmere!! The other ones I'm knitting right now are 100% Merino or 75% Wool & 25% Nylon.

Le Cirque

A Girl's Best Friend

Dolce Bella

Now I shall go back to knitting!


No comments:

Post a Comment