Monday, May 17, 2010

Leaf Shawl - DONE!

Started Jul 18/09 Finished May 15/10











This is my first project with lace weight. It took me several times to get to this point. Once I had a grasp of the pattern it made sense. The pattern doesn’t give instructions about when to move the stitch markers so that was one of the problems.


Jul 24/09 Had to frog it and start again.


Jul 26/09 Had to frog it and start again.

Aug 8/08 Now that I have lifelines in, I haven't had any problems. The green threads are lifelines. I used floss thread since I have lots from my cross stitch projects. I put in a couple of lifelines and now I seem to be getting the pattern.

May 15/10 This pattern is difficult with this fine lace. It also doesn't repeat in a set so it was hard to realize if I dropped stitches. I decided to finish it off. It's going to be a small shawlette.



Needles: Size 6 circular

Yarn: Fiberphile Yarns & Hand-Dyed Fibers Serenity Lace in Vino




No comments:

Post a Comment